Make

Hobbies like astronomy, origami and other simple crafts

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Dress

This would I guess be my first adventure in stitching wearables..I do hope it is wearable by the time it is done. :-)
It is a dress for my little niece. I got the pattern at Walmart.
http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M4421.htm
The pattern is lovely and it is coming out very well. :-) I am very happy.
The panties in the pattern are nearly done. I don't have a sewing machine. So this dress would be entirely handsewn.
I have marked the hat on the fabric. Would be cutting it out today. I am so excited. The hat was my favourite amongst the three things to sew. After cutting out fabric for the panties and the hat, I am now out of cloth and would need to buy more fabric to make the dress.
I am really excited at how it is turning out. Pillu was also so happy - wow you can make your own clothes now baby - is what he said :-)
ok this was a post after a long time. I decided I had to post or else I will be blabbering incoherently with my sis-in-law (little niece's mommy...) about this dress and boring her. It would be better if I blabber in my online diary :-) Atleast she won't get bored :-)

I was also into Chinese knotting for a few days. One little knot takes around 2 hours to get done. It has me in knots and mazes. But I love the effect. I will continue this after finishing the dress and will post photos of the knots. .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home